Sony NEX E-mount Lens Roadmap Updated
Eight New NEX Lenses Planned
Here is the new NEX E-mount lens roadmap by Sony. It shows that there are eight new lenses coming within two years. There will be four new E-mount lenses in 2012 and four more planned for 2013. The chart above describes each upcoming lens but does not get into specifics. Here is the description and our best guess on focal length and aperture combination based on current Sony Alpha lenses:
- Sony G High Performance Standard Zoom - 16-50mm f/2.8?
- High Magnification Zoom - 18-250mm?
- Standard Zoom - 24-70mm?
- Wide Angle Zoom - 11-18mm?
- Large Aperture Standard Prime - 35mm f/1.8?
- Medium Magnification Zoom - 70-300mm?
- Medium Telephoto Prime - 85mm f/2.8?
- Thin Prime - 28mm f/2.8?
Here is the complete Sony NEX lens roadmap which also shows the seven released Sony E-mount lenses.
Current Sony E-mount lenses available for use with the NEX-3, NEX-5. NEX-C3. NEX-5N, NEX-7, NEX-VG10, NEX-VG20, and NEX-FS100.
- 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens (SEL18200)
- 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens (SEL1855)
- 55-210mm Zoom Lens (SEL55210)
- 16mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Lens (SEL16F28)
- 30mm f/3.5 Macro Lens (SEL30M35)
- 50mm f/1.8 Telephoto Lens (SEL50F18)
- Carl Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 Lens (SEL-24F18Z)
The Sony NEX Lens roadmap is always changing. We are expecting more lenses to be added to this roadmap. What lens would you want to see on the NEX system?