cubie created a viewfinder for the NEX using legos and a one time use film camera. if you don't have legos, sony has the FDA-SV1 optical viewfinder for you. The FDA-SV1 can be modified to accept 3rd party viewfinders.
I stuck the Sony NEX-5 on the Gaui quad. It maxed out the weight limit at 1070 grams. I am using the stock 16 mm f2.8 lens and a 3S 2500 mah pack. Video quality is pretty good though. My pack is not very good so internal resistance is pretty high. It is only using 1000 mah after 5 1/2 minutes.
Panasonic Lumix 12.5mm f/12 3D G (H-FT012) Lens Specifications
- Lens Construction: 4 elements in 3 groups (x 2)
- Mount type: Micro Four Thirds mount
- Focal Length: f=12.5mm
- Aperture Type: Fixed diaphragm
- Aperture: F12 (Fixed type)
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.60 m / 1.97 ft
- Maximum Magnification: Approx. 0.02x / 0.1x
- Diagonal Angle of View 37°
- Stereo Base 10 mm
- Max. Diameter F57.0 mm / 2.24 in
- Overall Length Approx. 20.5 mm (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount) / 0.81 in
- Weight Approx. 45 g / 1.59 oz
Sony Nex-5 with 16mm Pancake
Rig: Modified Brooks BBKK auto KAP rig with AuRiCo controller for pan (reduction gears) and tilt servos.
Rig Configuration: Dual [Sony Nex-5 and Go Pro HD Hero] and Single camera set up [Sony Nex-5].
The shutter was triggered by the gentLED-Shutter (which generates an infra-red (IR) signal to the NEX-5 remote sensor detector. The gentled-Shutter device is wired directly to the shutter servo port on the AuRiCo device. This was my first use of the AuRiCo shutter control approach as I just about always use the CHDK shutter control on my Canon cameras. Works like a champ.
KAP sessions: 4 over Chester Springs, December 2010
Kites: Nighthawk and Fled