Tempus NEX Sony NEX Intervalometer Remote



Here is the Tempus NEX, an intervalometer infrared remote for Sony Alpha cameras including the NEX. The Tempus NEX was created by bymac.org and will be available on June 15th according to the Tempus NEX website. The Tempus NEX will cost $69, we're not sure if that includes worldwide shipping, it is being made in Portugal. Send an email to tempus@bymac.org if you are interested in this intervalometer for time lapse movies.

Here is a sample time lapse movie by bymac.org made with the Tempus NEX and a Sony NEX-5. The Tempus NEX will work with Sony Alpha cameras with IR remote receivers, e.g. A900 and SLT-A55.



Unfortunately the NEX-5 does not go into sleep mode when it is in Remote Shutter mode. The screen will be on and draining the battery while waiting for the IR signal. Have extra batteries ready when doing intervalometer shots.

We are hoping that the next firmware will allow us to turn off the screen as an option.

Comments

  1. Seams Great! I'll order one and review it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAD COMPANY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. BEWARE BEFORE ORDERING.

    I ordered a Tempus NEX while I was in Portugal for a few weeks thinking that would be easy as the company (byMaC Inventions) is based in Portugal. The delivery failed and the item was returned to sender stating the address I had provided was incorrect. I confirmed my address was correct and provided an alternative address (that of the local post office / the shipping company being the national post service) if that made things easier. They said ok but asked me to pay for the delivery again. When I refused and told them to resend to the initial address, they still wanted to charge me again. Even though the initial address I gave was correct and the delivery guy never left a note stating he had tried to deliver but I wasn't there, or that he'd left it with a neighbour in the block of flats... Nothing. So I asked for a full refund. Extremely poor customer service.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Install OpenMemories AppStore

Buy 2 Sony Alpha Lenses and Receive a Rebate with a Qualifying Sony Alpha Camera

Use Medium Format Lenses with Sony A7 Cameras