Sony NEX Reverse Lens Macro Adapter

sony nex macro reverse lens adapter

Sony NEX Reverse Lens Adapter Screwed on Filter Ring

Here's a very inexpensive way to get great Macro shots on you Sony NEX. E-mount reverse lens adapters are now available. The adapter allows us to use any lens reversed by using the lens filter thread. Make sure to use a lens with a manual aperture ring to conrtol depth of field. They come in 49mm, 52mm, 58mm filter ring sizes. They are available on eBay.


sony nex macro reverse lens adapter

Sony NEX with ยต4/3 Lens Adapted in Reverse for Macro


Here are some real world shots from Hot using the reverse lens adapter on the NEX-5.
sony nex macro reverse lens adapter
sony nex macro reverse lens adapter
sony nex macro reverse lens adapter

Comments

  1. Hi Guys but I just bought an Nex 5 and planning to buy an a-mount adapter for a 55 - 200 mm SAM lens. I know it doesnt have inbuilt lens image stabilization, do you guys think it is worth it to invest money to buy adapter + lens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should try it out first. I've read focusing with the LA-EA1 adapter can be slow. Why not save up for the E 18-200?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think NEX-5 reverse lens adapter the great ones..!!

    Headset Adapters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, how do you set the camera so that it allows us to take photos using reverse ring? I bought the reverse adaptor from the above mentioned link but when I mount the 18-55mm lens onto the camera reversely, the NEX-5 doesnt allow me to take any photos, saying lens not recognise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go to Menu > Set Up > Release w/o Lens > Enable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ken,

    Thanks for the info. Need one more piece of advise from you...what else must I do to take macro shots? When i fixed the lens to the camera and snap shots, all are either black or extremely dark. Please pardon me for being noob.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sony NEX lenses will go to mininum aperture when it's not connected to the camera, look inside the lens and you will see a tiny hole. Go to a local camera shop and look for a manual lens with an aperture ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken. Hi, man!
      I've got the Sony a6000 and I've got the 50mm f1.8 Sony lens and the 55-210mm Sony telephoto lens. How do I go about taking macro shots using the reverse method? I haven't bought the ring but just flipping the lens and holding it agains the sensor does not allow me to focus on anything, let alone see anything macro. I did enable "RELEASE W/O LENS" and manually set the aperture to max before releasing the lens. How is it that I will be able to get macro shots with the reverse ring. Help, Ken !!

      Sony a6000
      50mm f.18
      55-210 mm f4.5-6.3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How To Install OpenMemories AppStore

Buy 2 Sony Alpha Lenses and Receive a Rebate with a Qualifying Sony Alpha Camera

Use Medium Format Lenses with Sony A7 Cameras